houston family attorney


If your ex has suddenly denied you access to your children and you aren’t sure what to do, it’s time to talk to a family attorney in Houston, Texas. It can be devastating to feel like you no longer have the right to see your own kids, but with the right help from a Houston family attorney, you can successfully regain custody and make sure this never happens again. No matter what kind of situation you’re dealing with, here’s how to get started building your case today.

Things you can do before going to court

If you have been denied access to your children by your ex, try following these steps before going to court:

  1. Create a plan with your children’s school or daycare so they know who will be picking up the kids in the event that both parents are trying to pick them up.
  2. Write a letter telling your children how much you love them and want contact with them. Mail this letter after you have left it for at least one week on their doorstep or in their mailbox. Let your children read it when they get home from school or out of daycare.
  3. Send your child a text message or call during the week to see if he/she has received the letter and read it yet.
  4. Keep notes of any conversations you had with your child about what he/she might want from their father.

How To Win an Access Dispute in Court

There are a lot of things you can do if your ex is denying you access to your family time. For example, if they refuse visitation, you can file a motion with the court and ask for temporary visitation rights. This way, the judge can decide how much time you should get with your kids. The process might take months or even years, but it will be worth it in the end.

Things you can do if the judge orders supervised access

If the judge orders supervised access, you can request that a friend or family member supervise your access. The judge may also order that the supervisor be present during your visits with your children.

You can also request an unsupervised visit if the court finds that it is in the best interest of your children to spend some time with you without supervision.